- Nawaz calls Modi, appreciates India's rescue efforts in Nepal
- Pakistani air strikes and suspected US drone attack ‘kill dozens of militants’
- Nepal earthquake: DEC launches UK charities appeal
- India girl dies after molestation attempt on bus
- Secret' Tory plans for £8bn in welfare cuts exposed by Danny Alexander
- Afghanistan conflict: Taliban declares 'defeat' of Nato
- Japan's PM apologises for US war dead – but fails to mention 'comfort women'
- Foreign Criminals Costing Taxpayers £850m
- Two dozen writers join Charlie Hebdo PEN award protest
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan invited by Giorgio Armani to Milan
Indian nationals deported for illegal working
Sri Lanka immigration and emigration authorities have taken steps to deport 25 Indian nationals who were illegally employed in Batticaloa area of the Eastern Province.
The Indian nationals have been employed in rice harvesting.
During the rice harvesting season, the paddy cultivating districts have a large demand for labor and ground reports say that Indian laborers tend to migrate to the island this time.
However, the Indian laborers come to Sri Lanka under tourist visas and work in the country violating visa regulations.
Sri Lanka police say the operations will continue to arrest these illegal immigrants.