- Pakistan protesters clash with Islamabad police
- Imran slams Nawaz for 'lying' about army mediation request
- Central Line Tube passengers hit by Aslef strike
- India shamed by sexual violence, says Narendra Modi
- Huge new Israeli settlement in West Bank condemned by US and UK
- UK terror threat level raised to 'severe'
- Ashya King: Missing boy's 'life is in danger'
- Ukraine says it has destroyed Russian vehicles that entered territory
- Afghan special forces in talks with Taliban in Helmand
- Deepak Perwani crowned 6th best fashion designer in the world
Indian nationals deported for illegal working
Sri Lanka immigration and emigration authorities have taken steps to deport 25 Indian nationals who were illegally employed in Batticaloa area of the Eastern Province.
The Indian nationals have been employed in rice harvesting.
During the rice harvesting season, the paddy cultivating districts have a large demand for labor and ground reports say that Indian laborers tend to migrate to the island this time.
However, the Indian laborers come to Sri Lanka under tourist visas and work in the country violating visa regulations.
Sri Lanka police say the operations will continue to arrest these illegal immigrants.