- Pakistan votes for insurgents to face military trials
- Pakistani air strikes and suspected US drone attack ‘kill dozens of militants’
- Dewani judge faces formal complaint over murder trial
- Charlie Hebdo Staff: We Will Not Give In
- Palestinians open door to negotiation after submitting draft UN resolution
- Afghanistan conflict: Taliban declares 'defeat' of Nato
- UK Ebola patient named as Pauline Cafferkey
- Taliban kill seven Afghan police officers in raid on checkpoint
- Foreign Criminals Costing Taxpayers £850m
- Afghan opium poppy yield hits all-time high
Indian nationals deported for illegal working
Sri Lanka immigration and emigration authorities have taken steps to deport 25 Indian nationals who were illegally employed in Batticaloa area of the Eastern Province.
The Indian nationals have been employed in rice harvesting.
During the rice harvesting season, the paddy cultivating districts have a large demand for labor and ground reports say that Indian laborers tend to migrate to the island this time.
However, the Indian laborers come to Sri Lanka under tourist visas and work in the country violating visa regulations.
Sri Lanka police say the operations will continue to arrest these illegal immigrants.