- Pakistan’s prime minister promises day of reckoning with militants
- Two more charged following UK counter-terrorism raids
- Sydney siege: unknown number of hostages still trapped
- Palestinians open door to negotiation after submitting draft UN resolution
- Shrien Dewani’s Bristol home targeted with white paint after return to UK
- Gordon Brown confirms he is standing down as an MP
- Islamic State leader Baghdadi reportedly resurfaces after claims US strike killed him
- Foreign Criminals Costing Taxpayers £850m
- Afghan opium poppy yield hits all-time high
- India shamed by sexual violence, says Narendra Modi
Indian nationals deported for illegal working
Sri Lanka immigration and emigration authorities have taken steps to deport 25 Indian nationals who were illegally employed in Batticaloa area of the Eastern Province.
The Indian nationals have been employed in rice harvesting.
During the rice harvesting season, the paddy cultivating districts have a large demand for labor and ground reports say that Indian laborers tend to migrate to the island this time.
However, the Indian laborers come to Sri Lanka under tourist visas and work in the country violating visa regulations.
Sri Lanka police say the operations will continue to arrest these illegal immigrants.