- Imran Farooq murder: Scotland Yard raids two houses in London
- G8 leaders seek agreement on Syria
- Afghanistan to begin peace talks with Taliban in Qatar
- Man sought over Gloucester mosque arson attack
- Iran's new president hails 'victory of moderation'
- Syria conflict: Fierce battle for key town of Qusair
- Hundreds protest outside Britain's first drone base
- Facebook to crack down on anti-women hate speech after boycott
- S Sreesanth: IPL cricketer freed on bail in India
- Champions Trophy: South Africa win puts Pakistan on brink
Indian nationals deported for illegal working
Sri Lanka immigration and emigration authorities have taken steps to deport 25 Indian nationals who were illegally employed in Batticaloa area of the Eastern Province.
The Indian nationals have been employed in rice harvesting.
During the rice harvesting season, the paddy cultivating districts have a large demand for labor and ground reports say that Indian laborers tend to migrate to the island this time.
However, the Indian laborers come to Sri Lanka under tourist visas and work in the country violating visa regulations.
Sri Lanka police say the operations will continue to arrest these illegal immigrants.