- Deadly attack on court in Pakistani capital Islamabad
- Pakistan to halt targeted air strikes against Taliban
- Doreen Lawrence wants Met Police heads to roll, says lawyer
- India navy: Officer dies aboard ship in Mumbai accident
- India: Two cops killed in attack by militants in Pulwama
- Saudi Arabia declares Muslim Brotherhood terrorist group
- Malaysia jails Anwar Ibrahim for five years for sodomy
- I have to undergo an endoscopy: Shah Rukh Khan
- Pistorius trial: Ex-girlfriend on shooting incident
- Sri Lanka hands Afghanistan 129-run Asia Cup defeat
Indian nationals deported for illegal working
Sri Lanka immigration and emigration authorities have taken steps to deport 25 Indian nationals who were illegally employed in Batticaloa area of the Eastern Province.
The Indian nationals have been employed in rice harvesting.
During the rice harvesting season, the paddy cultivating districts have a large demand for labor and ground reports say that Indian laborers tend to migrate to the island this time.
However, the Indian laborers come to Sri Lanka under tourist visas and work in the country violating visa regulations.
Sri Lanka police say the operations will continue to arrest these illegal immigrants.