- Scottish referendum results: first counts imminent as turnout nears 90% – live
- Pakistan's Nawaz Sharif acts to quell 'rebellion'
- Imran slams Nawaz for 'lying' about army mediation request
- Rotherham: 12 more child sex abuse victims come forward
- India shamed by sexual violence, says Narendra Modi
- Oscar Pistorius guilty of culpable homicide of Reeva Steenkamp - live
- Barack Obama authorises air strikes against Isis militants in Syria
- Al Qaeda Launches New Militant Branch In Asia
- Al-Shabaab in Somalia confirms leader was targeted in US drone strike
- Afghan special forces in talks with Taliban in Helmand
Indian nationals deported for illegal working
Sri Lanka immigration and emigration authorities have taken steps to deport 25 Indian nationals who were illegally employed in Batticaloa area of the Eastern Province.
The Indian nationals have been employed in rice harvesting.
During the rice harvesting season, the paddy cultivating districts have a large demand for labor and ground reports say that Indian laborers tend to migrate to the island this time.
However, the Indian laborers come to Sri Lanka under tourist visas and work in the country violating visa regulations.
Sri Lanka police say the operations will continue to arrest these illegal immigrants.