- U.S. defense chief to visit Pakistan for talks with prime minister
- Bolton house fire 'murder-suicide' theory probed
- Indian Lt-Gen Kuldeep Singh Brar attackers jailed
- World pays tribute to 'giant of history' Mandela
- UK: Border Force 'neglecting duties', say MPs
- Tehelka case: Tejpal's police custody extended by four days
- Obama says he will propose NSA reforms
- Syria's chemical weapons to be shipped in delicate US-Danish operation
- Hagel: US military power must back Iran nuclear deal
- Pandit Ravi Shankar gets posthumous Grammy nomination
Indian nationals deported for illegal working
Sri Lanka immigration and emigration authorities have taken steps to deport 25 Indian nationals who were illegally employed in Batticaloa area of the Eastern Province.
The Indian nationals have been employed in rice harvesting.
During the rice harvesting season, the paddy cultivating districts have a large demand for labor and ground reports say that Indian laborers tend to migrate to the island this time.
However, the Indian laborers come to Sri Lanka under tourist visas and work in the country violating visa regulations.
Sri Lanka police say the operations will continue to arrest these illegal immigrants.