- Fiaz Munshi guilty of 1997 Oxford arson child deaths
- Kashmir protest over deadly accident near Srinagar
- Israeli aircraft hit more than 70 targets in Gaza
- Military operation targeting militants of all shades, US told
- Pakistan: Two women wounded in Mastung acid attack
- Pakistan: Former CJP to sue Imran Khan over rigging allegations
- 'Foreigners' killed in Kabul airport suicide attack
- Encephalitis outbreak in India's West Bengal kills 60
- MH17 bodies leave Ukraine rebel area and reach Kharkiv
- Britain does U-turn on ex-KGB agent Litvinenko murder inquiry
Indian nationals deported for illegal working
Sri Lanka immigration and emigration authorities have taken steps to deport 25 Indian nationals who were illegally employed in Batticaloa area of the Eastern Province.
The Indian nationals have been employed in rice harvesting.
During the rice harvesting season, the paddy cultivating districts have a large demand for labor and ground reports say that Indian laborers tend to migrate to the island this time.
However, the Indian laborers come to Sri Lanka under tourist visas and work in the country violating visa regulations.
Sri Lanka police say the operations will continue to arrest these illegal immigrants.