- Bomb attack by separatists kills 13 on Pakistan train
- Pakistan market bomb kills at least 20 in Islamabad
- Jubilation as Pakistan Street Child football team returns home
- Bid to free last British resident held at Guantanamo
- EC serves notices on Jayant Chaudhary, Hema Malini
- 3 die in Kannur poll violence
- Polling ends in Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya and Arunachal
- Powerful earthquake strikes off Chile, triggers tsunami
- LK Advani: India BJP leader agrees to contest Gujarat seat
- Mumbai court convicts all four in two Shakti Mills gangrape cases
Indian nationals deported for illegal working
Sri Lanka immigration and emigration authorities have taken steps to deport 25 Indian nationals who were illegally employed in Batticaloa area of the Eastern Province.
The Indian nationals have been employed in rice harvesting.
During the rice harvesting season, the paddy cultivating districts have a large demand for labor and ground reports say that Indian laborers tend to migrate to the island this time.
However, the Indian laborers come to Sri Lanka under tourist visas and work in the country violating visa regulations.
Sri Lanka police say the operations will continue to arrest these illegal immigrants.