- Deadly attack on court in Pakistani capital Islamabad
- Pakistan to halt targeted air strikes against Taliban
- Taliban bomb kills Afghan district leader in latest attack on senior officials
- India navy: Officer dies aboard ship in Mumbai accident
- Iraq suicide bomb attack leaves dozens dead in Hilla
- Hunger strike by 750 immigrants at Washington state detention centre
- Malaysia jails Anwar Ibrahim for five years for sodomy
- I have to undergo an endoscopy: Shah Rukh Khan
- Pistorius trial: Ex-girlfriend on shooting incident
- Sri Lanka hands Afghanistan 129-run Asia Cup defeat
Rising Pakistani pop star sings for charity schools
Bilal Khan, a rising pop star sung for The Citizens Foundation (TFC) at a fund raising event organised by the Pakistan Society UCL. The sold out event helped raise in excess of £3,600. The amount would be spent on schools for under-privileged children in the urban slums and deprived rural villages of Pakistan.
The Rock Shock event takes place every year at UCL and forms a basis for student bands to gain recognition giving them a chance to perform and demonstrate their talent. This year the Pakistan Society decided to invite Bilal Khan a popular singer who has also performed on Coke Studio.
The Pakistan Society strongly believes that education is one the urgent and prevalent social issues Pakistan faces today. Friends of TCF, the UK chapter of TCF, is an organisation the Pakistan Society at UCL believes helps to promote and spread education within the most deprived socio-economic strata of Pakistani society.
“TCF is one of the most respected, transparent and efficient NGOs in Pakistan that is working towards a better and educated Pakistan. As students lucky enough to be studying in one of the best universities abroad we felt it was our responsibility to contribute to the cause." - UCL PakSoc.