- PM: UK Will Not Pay For British IS Hostage
- Pakistan's Nawaz Sharif acts to quell 'rebellion'
- Imran slams Nawaz for 'lying' about army mediation request
- Rotherham: 12 more child sex abuse victims come forward
- India shamed by sexual violence, says Narendra Modi
- Oscar Pistorius guilty of culpable homicide of Reeva Steenkamp - live
- Barack Obama authorises air strikes against Isis militants in Syria
- Al Qaeda Launches New Militant Branch In Asia
- Al-Shabaab in Somalia confirms leader was targeted in US drone strike
- Afghan special forces in talks with Taliban in Helmand
Rising Pakistani pop star sings for charity schools
Bilal Khan, a rising pop star sung for The Citizens Foundation (TFC) at a fund raising event organised by the Pakistan Society UCL. The sold out event helped raise in excess of £3,600. The amount would be spent on schools for under-privileged children in the urban slums and deprived rural villages of Pakistan.
The Rock Shock event takes place every year at UCL and forms a basis for student bands to gain recognition giving them a chance to perform and demonstrate their talent. This year the Pakistan Society decided to invite Bilal Khan a popular singer who has also performed on Coke Studio.
The Pakistan Society strongly believes that education is one the urgent and prevalent social issues Pakistan faces today. Friends of TCF, the UK chapter of TCF, is an organisation the Pakistan Society at UCL believes helps to promote and spread education within the most deprived socio-economic strata of Pakistani society.
“TCF is one of the most respected, transparent and efficient NGOs in Pakistan that is working towards a better and educated Pakistan. As students lucky enough to be studying in one of the best universities abroad we felt it was our responsibility to contribute to the cause." - UCL PakSoc.